1 a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
3 a place of assembly for the people in ancient Greece [syn: agora, public square] [also: fora (pl)]
- A place for discussion.
- A gathering for the purpose of discussion.
- A form of discussion involving a panel of presenters and often participation by members of the audience.
- An Internet message board where users can post messages
regarding one or more topics of discussion.
- Trish was an admin member on three forums, and had no trouble at all when it came to moderating them.
Usage notesThe English plural forums is preferred to the Latin plural fora in normal English usage.
- Ref: Modern English Usage, 2nd Edition, ed. Sir Ernest Gowers, Oxford 1968 (article '-um', p.658).
A place for discussion
A gathering for the purpose of discussion
A form of discussion
An Internet message board
- forum (for Internet)
Nounforum (plural: forum)
- forum (all meanings)
- market-/public place, forum
Norwegianforum (plural: fora or forum)
- A place for discussion, either on the Internet or in real life.
Forum may refer to:
- Forum Cafeterias, cafeteria chain
- Forum Communications, publisher of The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead newspaper
- Forum Corporation, corporate training company owned by Informa
- Forum Snowboarding, snowboard manufacturer
- Landmark Education, San Francisco based, offers the Landmark Forum as its introductory course
in shopping centres
in modern culture
- Forum (album), a 2001 pop/soft rock album by Invertigo
- Forum Copenhagen, exhibition, concert, and faire building in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Forum (magazine), Penthouse Forum, British sex magazine
- The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead, a newspaper in Fargo, North Dakota
- Forum (KQED), radio show on KQED-FM hosted by Michael Krasny
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, colloquial name
- The Granada Forum, weekly media fringe seminar
- The Forum, Norwich, library, tourist information office and headquarters of the BBC in Norwich
- London Forum, nightclub and live music venue in Kentish Town, London
- Universal Forum of Cultures, international cultural event 2004 and 2007
forum in Arabic: منتدى
forum in Catalan: Fòrum (desambiguació)
forum in Czech: Fórum
forum in German: Forum
forum in French: Forum
forum in Galician: Foro
forum in Armenian: Ֆորում
forum in Croatian: Forum
forum in Italian: Forum
forum in Hebrew: פורום
forum in Latin: Forum
forum in Luxembourgish: Forum
forum in Lithuanian: Forumas
forum in Dutch: Forum
forum in Japanese: フォーラム
forum in Polish: Forum
forum in Portuguese: Fórum (desambiguação)
forum in Romanian: Forum (dezambiguizare)
forum in Russian: Форум
forum in Serbian: Форум
forum in Vietnamese: Forum
forum in Ukrainian: Форум
forum in Chinese: 论坛
Areopagus, agora, airing, amphitheater, analysis, arena, assemblee, assembly, assignation, at home, athletic field, auditorium, background, ball, bear garden, board, bowl, boxing ring, brawl, bull ring, buzz session, campo, campus, canvas, canvassing, caucus, circus, cockpit, coliseum, colloquium, colosseum, commission, committee, conclave, concourse, conference, congregation, congress, consideration, conventicle, convention, convocation, council, course, curia, dance, date, debate, debating, deliberation, dialectic, dialogue, diet, discussion, discussion group, eisteddfod, examination, exchange of views, festivity, fete, field, floor, forgathering, gathering, get-together, ground, gym, gymnasium, hall, hippodrome, housewarming, inquisition, investigation, joint discussion, judicatory, judicature, judiciary, levee, lists, locale, logical analysis, logical discussion, market, market cross, marketplace, mart, mat, meet, meeting, milieu, open discussion, open forum, palaestra, panel, panel discussion, parade ground, party, piazza, pit, place, platform, plaza, plenum, precinct, prize ring, prom, public square, purlieu, quorum, rally, range, rap, rap session, reception, rendezvous, review, rialto, ring, round table, scene, scene of action, scenery, seance, seminar, session, setting, shindig, sit-in, site, sitting, soiree, sphere, square, squared circle, stadium, stage, stage set, stage setting, study, symposium, synod, terrain, the Inquisition, theater, tilting ground, tiltyard, town meeting, treatment, tribunal, turnout, ventilation, walk, wrestling ring